Or Just the thoughts in my brain However, there are rules for my blog...spelling doesn't count, neither does grammar for that matter - and if you want me to know the difference between then & than or effect & affect...you got the wrong chick!

A Quote...a funny line...just something to think about until next time

I want to be someone who doesn't waste their life wondering what other people think of me. I want to live my life wondering what I think about myself

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Jumping into my 30's

Written - Tuesday, September 19, 2006 12:29 PM

Ready or not here it comes! My 30th birthday that is….

To be honest I’m kind of excited for the end of my 20’s. I’ve failed and got back up, I’ve loved and lost, I’ve been selfish and paid for it, I’ve been broke and still managed, and somehow…I’m still standing with everything else in between. Whew! Glad that’s over with.

Well greetings all…I’m hear with another up date on “what she’s doing now”

T-Minus 7 days and counting.
I will be heading up to Fort Bragg, North Carolina to jump tandem with the US Army Golden Knights.

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/GoldenKnights/Webpage2005_content.html
A little history: In 1959 13 men joined together to form the Strategic Army Corps Sport Parachute Team, to compete in the then communist dominated sport of skydiving. The team performed so well that on June 1, 1961 the Army officially recognized, designated and activated the team as the U.S. Army Parachute Team. For more than 44 years the “Golden Knights” have been wowing audiences at air shows, competitions and most recently, with high profile tandems. The Golden Knights consist of two demonstration teams, two competition teams and a Tandem Team. (That’s who I’ll be jumping with) The Tandem Team focuses on bringing the public closer to the Army and the sport of skydiving. Members of the Tandem Team travel with the Demonstration Teams in order to tandem influential citizens. Some of the Tandem Teams former passengers include Former President George H.W. Bush; the Mayor of Sturgis, S.D., Mark Ziegler; Miss USA 2005, Chelsea Cooley; Miss North Carolina 2005,Brooke McLaurin, MTV Video Jockey, Vanessa Manillo; actor R. Lee Ermey, the host of Mail Calland Golf Legend Tiger Woods. The most important person I know who completed this jump is my co-worker and friend of 10 years Leni Smith. The Golden Knights are the most successful U.S. Department of Defense sports team.

My jumped is scheduled for the morning of Tuesday September 26th, the same day as my 30th birthday. (How cool is that!) I will report early that morning to receive my instruction. Immediately following the lesson I’m off to soar. (I guess they don’t want you forgetting anything) I will have a photographer and videographer jumping with me to document the momentous occasion.

Needless to say I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. I have waited years to be chosen to do this and am so honored to have this opportunity. I will send another follow up email once I return to share all the details!!!!

Wish me luck.

No comments: