Or Just the thoughts in my brain However, there are rules for my blog...spelling doesn't count, neither does grammar for that matter - and if you want me to know the difference between then & than or effect & affect...you got the wrong chick!

A Quote...a funny line...just something to think about until next time

I want to be someone who doesn't waste their life wondering what other people think of me. I want to live my life wondering what I think about myself

Thursday, August 6, 2009

So here's a story I can share...(I'm just venting)...My has team as pretty much been making fun of me since day one and calling me OCD and a control freak. (For the record this isn't news to me).

I have triple checked these manifests 7 times, and each time find one more that is slightly different then the past - and I keep making them change it even if it just formatting or something. At about now they are over it (or over me).

What I am noticing about my self "post MDM" is every time I find something wrong on one of these manifests I want to know WHO did it...one of the other managers had to point out to me.. "Do you ever notice you want to place blame somewhere when something goes wrong?" Not really ever thinking about it - I was kinda like, yeah I guess? But I thought about it - and I go back to the days of MDM when it's all about CYA and knowing where you got that information from. So I took the time to explain to her "where I came from" and how things were there, and her comment was - that's now how it is in the rest of the world. I laughed and said...trust me sister, I know!

Well after this enlightening conversation we checked our email to find a company wide notice announcing mandatory transportation meeting for everyone at 9am the next morning. We bitched and moaned and didn't want to go but there was no way of getting out of it. So we arrive to be lectured by how bad the staff is doing at entering the manifests, and all the problems everyone else is having b/c the information entered is not correct.

At that point they called on the Landmark (that's my group) and announced that ours was done EXACTLY the way it was supposed to be and further more appointed me in charge of transportation for entire group. (Great!, on top of everything else I got going on)

Bottom Line...trust yourself, know that you're good at what you do - and don't let anyone tell you different.

No comments: