Or Just the thoughts in my brain However, there are rules for my blog...spelling doesn't count, neither does grammar for that matter - and if you want me to know the difference between then & than or effect & affect...you got the wrong chick!

A Quote...a funny line...just something to think about until next time

I want to be someone who doesn't waste their life wondering what other people think of me. I want to live my life wondering what I think about myself

Thursday, October 18, 2007

What's the BIG DEAL?


Really…Really?

Hundreds of people
Some of them in line for days, to see what…
IKEA?
Are you kidding me?
Is this really what they can do with their lives?
I got a question for these folks, who are standing in line for days
How are you gonna pay for this furniture?
You can’t have jobs.
How can you possibly have a job and be standing in line for IKEA for two days?
I tell’in ya, I think I figured out what IKEA stands for…
It’s Swedish for over-hyped media madness
I blame the press, why are they so fascinated with IKEA?
It’s a store people! (screaming)
It’s a store that sells furniture, that YOU! have to put together when you get home
Here’s a little known fact
The Ingmar Bergman film, the Seventh Seal is actually a story about a man who goes slowly insane trying to put together an IKEA bunk bed
And then he kills himself
And the final shot of the film is his family trying to put together an IKEA coffin to bury him in.
UHHH I’m tell’in ya (shaking my head)
I don’t…I don’t get ANY of this
What is so special about IKEA?
I mean, you know…it’s like a cult
I’m telling you – it IS a cult
It’s a Swedish cult designed to try and take over the world
Now I got nothing against the Sweeds
The Muppet Show – the sweetish chef – he was my favorite character on the Muppet show
But this has just gone way-way to far
I mean this is what passes as a culture event in our society today?
The opening of IKEA?
Are these our modern day versions of our pyramids?

IKEA I don’t get the whole IDEA!

*
*
*
*
*
SIGH! Glad I got that off my chest – I’m off to shop at IKEA….

No comments: