A Quote...a funny line...just something to think about until next time
I want to be someone who doesn't waste their life wondering what other people think of me. I want to live my life wondering what I think about myself
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
If you saw my subway email - you will notice the Chinese, have NO sense of personal space. Not only are they "all up on you" but the push and shove...I've learned - feel free to push back! i pushed a kid today and felt good about it - the little shit!When children are given names at birth they are given a "family name" however in their teenage years they are allowed to choose an "American Name" for example my translators names are Alice and Iris. However these names are chosen at an impressionable age therefore I have already met...Apple, Triangle, Banana, Jellyfish and my all time favorite Hong Kong King Kong....In China the stores are in sections..meaning if you go to a golf store...there are 100 golf shops on that street. If you go to a shoe store...100 shoe stores on that street. Today I was on my way to destination and I saw "Sex Machine Shop"...yup there were 100 of them.Saw Pangu Hotel today, it is one of only 2 seven-star hotels in the whole world. The other is in Dubai - gorgeousWent to a building today that is under construction (they've halted construction to cut down on pollution - in case your wondering, it's not working) when the building is completed, it will have more office space than the pentagon.FYI you are not allowed radio's in China..not music radio - two way radio's like you would use for an event...NO RADIO's anywhere, we do all planning via cell phone. April this is for you...my Assistant Program Manager says "Yes Dear"...and i didn't even have to train him - I dies laughing when he said it and thought of you (and Britton & Tim of course)Just another example of my lack of knowledge...i did not know what a concubine or unick was today on the tour and when asked by my guide did we all know what it was I said no!. Try and have a person who's first language isn't English and raised on a communist conservative country explain this to you - very awkward.The million dollar question from the states is about the pollution...it sucks. Being here for almost 10 days you really start to see how it effects your body and respiratory system. I'll save you the gross details - but bottom line you notice.Until next time...PS A lot of you have asked me if you can forward my notes to friends, family or even mutual friends of ours - and i say SURE, why not...everyone should laugh at my stories with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment