Or Just the thoughts in my brain However, there are rules for my blog...spelling doesn't count, neither does grammar for that matter - and if you want me to know the difference between then & than or effect & affect...you got the wrong chick!

A Quote...a funny line...just something to think about until next time

I want to be someone who doesn't waste their life wondering what other people think of me. I want to live my life wondering what I think about myself

Monday, August 11, 2008

Are we done yet?

I am so over Beijing...the Olympics...and most of all having to be cheery and sweet ALL THE TIME! I feel like April...I don' know how she does it - it's exhausting!

Anywhoo I just completed my first cycle. I had 42 guests who were here for 3 days. They all departed today. I think things went well. I got a $100 tip from a fmaily who lives in manhatten. I really liked them. It was a jewish man who was married to a chineese woman, sound familar mommy? They were awesome - I told them about Josh and Yueng...but they didn't know each other. I also got invited to Austrailia by two different sets of guests. SO who knows, next stop....Australia? (Leni you can start planning)

My new guests are arriving as we speak. The good news is I worked out all my kinks with the old guets, so when this group arrives I'll REALLY know what I'm talking about vs. the first group where I made it up as I went along.

The only problem is each time you get a new group you have to "start all over again" with the same 100 questions and same restaurants and tourist locations as the previous group. When this is all over I would have visited the Forbidden City, Tienanmen Square, and the Great wall 6 times. In case your wondering...that's 5 times too many. Especial since it's 200 degrees out side with 90% humidity...no joke you feel like you are walking in a cloud everywhere you go.

And as for the over/ under stats on whether I'm coming back fatter or skinnier...it's a draw! I only eat 1 time a day and it's generally a snicker bar (their a sponsor) and/ or McDonald's (their a sponsor too)...and diet coke - I don't even like diet coke...but at least I know it's safe.

Hmmm what else can I tell you about my misery....Oh yeah two of my new clients I met today are from Miami!!!! Never in my life have I been so happy to see "my Cuban people" and hear their broken english...It's music to my ears and ten times better than anything I hear areound here.

I'm over my tanslators too - I'm at the point were I just laugh casue I'm so annoyed, it doesn't even make sense to be mad. And I pretty much feel the same way about Assistant...over him too. (:::thinking to myself::: Guess I didn't have it so bad with David & April - Awe what I would do to hear them bickering in teh back ground again and breaking up fights)

Well okay - I think that's enough complaining for now. In case your wondering I'm still loving the experence and learning new things everyday - but just like to vent and I knew you ALL would listen.

By the way - I got to go to the Open Ceromoney - AMAZING! I also went to Gymastic yesterday - that was cool. I let me Assistant go to the US vs. China game...so I'll catch basketball next time. One of the other people on my team went to swimming yesterday and saw Michael Phelps break the world record...she said it was cool. I have swimming later this week. So I'll let you know how it is...

Until next time.....
PS
I miss Bruiser !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (oh and you all too)

No comments: